Best Over Under Shotgun For Duck Hunting

We hope that this list will help you make up your mind about your go-to waterfowl hunting tool. That way both shots are at my best range when I shoot.


Pin On The Art Of War

28 barrels are just about perfect.

Best over under shotgun for duck hunting. I hope that helps. Dear Sir What would be the best shotgun barrel length for duck and dove hunting. The 870 is perhaps one of the most well-known and most used pump shotguns and for good reason.

These guns are also seen often in upland shooting where a light over-under is the ticket. Beretta - 686 Silver Pigeon I. I hope that helps.

These shotguns are generally made with attributes for adjustability and fine-tuning. That way both shots are at my best range when I shoot. My other OU is a 12ga.

Thankfully there are new over-under shotguns out there that make this transport less of a challenge and more of a joy. On waterfowl though I find that I down more birds by taking my first shot at a bird out on the edge at my optimum range 25-30 yards and use the second shot on a duck that was closer and now is at my best chance for a clean kill. The shotguns on my list of best overunder shotguns fall into this category.

Fancy shiny guns dont exactly keep a low profile for all those eyes in the sky. With modern fast burning powders the difference in velocity. And carries it a lot.

The 5 shotguns that I listed below are specifically designed to hunt any waterfowl such as duck goose snipe and swan. I included the very expensive and incredible Benelli Vinci Beretta A400 Mossberg 500 FLEX Mossberg 930 JM. The reasons I choose to hunt with a pump-action shotgun over the other two styles are because a pump-action is typically more dependable than a semi-auto it is extremely rugged and I shoot more birds with a pump-action than an over-under.

I use it for waterfowl and pheasant hunting. Most of todays magazine guns for duck hunting reduce shine with blackened finishes or camo dips. Given my indecisiveness I say we take a vote.

Below weve outlined some of the best duck hunting shotguns on the market. It can also be used for clay sports as the long 30-inch barrel helps with pointability range and accuracy. The 20 gauge however is very low-recoiling ammo and has an almost equal effect on ducks in close range as a 12 gauge.

Barrel length should vary depending on use. Over-under shotguns are popular these days but that popularity is seen most often in the various clay target sports. Should I take grandpas overunder duck hunting.

It is chambered for up to 3 12 shells but I use 3 1 18oz. A 12 gauge shotgun has more range than a 20 gauge shotgun and is a very versatile gauge for different applications. Bred from competition shooting the Long Rib increases the sighting plane reduces glare and provides a more comfortable head position for the gunner.

The gun is a lasting overunder thatll serve its purpose for years to come. I grew up using the Remington 870 as did millions of other duck hunters. Edward Dear Edward First lets get the ballistics considerations out of the way.

Over Under Duck Guns. So in this case you are free to choose the gauge you feel comfortable with. When I intentionally place my hand closer to the action the feel of the gun changes.

The XLR5 comes outfitted with oversized controls and a rubberized feel to optimize its user-friendliness. Personally I use a Browning OU Citori Satin Hunter 12ga. Cover your ears Darlin.

Of steel 2s for my main duck hunting load. These loads will help you bag more ducks and geese on any. I have relatively long arms and grip the gun farther down the forearm than some other shooters and I find that I shoot a 30-inch overunder better than a 28-inch stackbarrel all other things being equal.

Is it 242628 or 30 inches. The Beretta 686 was designed as an upland hunting overunder shotgun. The Orion over-under shotgun by Weatherby is slightly higher in price than the Drake but still affordable for those looking to purchase their first OU shotgun.

Our Top Shotguns for Waterfowl Hunting Winchester SX4 20-Gauge 28 Barrel. The SX4 comes in both 20- and 12-gauge versions but the 20-gauge is vastly more popular. It takes a little getting used to.

While you can hunt many ducks with a 16 28 or 410 gauge wed recommend sticking to a 12 or 20 gauge on your first shotgun as they have a wider range of applications. Most overunders sport blued barrels and often oiled wood finishes. In the past Ive used a Beretta 686 Onyx and a SKB 585 Waterfowler.

Mossberg Silver Reserve II. I admit I am extremely tough on my gear. What is the advantage of the different barrel length.

The Orion has fantastic balance and swing weight that rivals the high-end over-under shotguns. Ive been looking at a Remington Spr310 12gauge w 28 barrels and found some for around 300-325 and might get it cao dipped at a later date. I shot both pretty well but found I valued the 3rd shot ability of my SBE to be to valuable to leave home.

Light over-under shotguns are not seen in duck blinds. OverUnder Shotguns that are competition grade. For much of the season a bird hunter is merely a transport system for a shotgun.

If you hunt from a blind the short receiver is a plus. The Best Waterfowl Shotgun Loads for Every Budget You dont need to spend a fortune on waterfowl ammo to be successfulbut it can help. By DeadEye_Dan Thu Aug 15 2013 221 am.

Some duck hunters do use the above gauges to hunt ducks but these are overall less common guns and because of this it makes getting good ammo a little more difficult. The best part about these shotguns is the versatility to hunt different species and will undoubtedly work great for turkey hunting too. On waterfowl though I find that I down more birds by taking my first shot at a bird out on the edge at my optimum range 25-30 yards and use the second shot on a duck that was closer and now is at my best chance for a clean kill.

Lightweight wonderfully balanced quick to ready and more often than not a thing of beauty. That is he or she carries it. It takes a little getting used to.

Why the Pump-Action Shotgun is the Best.


Pin On Firearms


Pin On Hunting


Pin On Christmas


Pin On Odds Sods


Epingle Sur Armory


LihatTutupKomentar