Over Under Vs Semi Auto

Tristar vs Mossberg vs Pointer vs. Some people just like the look and feel of the OU.


Pin On Gun Stuff

Joined Jan 18 2010.

Over under vs semi auto. Reliability tends to be worse in semi-auto. These guns are better balanced and amazing to swing. Also an over-under is heavier than a side by side which absorbs more recoil than a lighter-weight side by side shotgun.

After all is said and done I really only use my Beretta semi. I do both sport shooting and hunt with it. The advantage of the semi-auto is the reduced recoil.

Logistically the clay sports are all set up with a break action in mind. That being said a good one is very nearly as good. Its a rare moment when I miss having the 3rd shot of my semi-auto and loadingunloading for vehicles fences etc.

The mass of the shells is right between the hands which is also the balance point of the gun so there is no change in balance. The OU is much easier to clean than the semi-auto. A nine pound overunder with a recoil attenuating device and light loads will minimize felt recoil.

Thats why you see them in the hands of pro clay shooters and bird hunters. I also like the OU for waterfowl better than my. Semi auto 28 gauges.

Over-and-unders dominate the clay scene in the UK but theres a growing number of semi-autos appearing on clay grounds and for good reason. Id buy a used Weatherby SA-08 but an honest man in Congress is. The semi-auto holds an advantage when it comes to less recoil.

Is so much easier with the OU. A typical repeater has one shell in the chamber in front of the breechblock and two or more shells in the magazine positioned well forward of the receiver. OUs are loaded with two shells in the chamber.

Semi auto 28 gauges. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators. Semi-autos tend to be longer for a given barrel length.

The OU allows the shooter to keep the spent hulls from hitting the ground. They are harder to cleanone catch. Id like to believe Im pretty decent at both.

The semi wins hands down for me FOR DUCKS. Only two shots expensive for a decent one awkward to loadunload in close confines. I should mention here that I am comparing the OU to a gas operated auto not to recoil operated guns like the Benelli.

Especially helpful for the shooter that reloads their shells. No matter what double-barrel shotgun is under consideration none of them shoot to the same point of impact at all ranges. Of course many look at pumps and semiautos with their three-shot capability as being head and shoulders over a two-shot over-under or side-by-side.

The recoil is felt differently so the first barrel recoil is low in the shoulder producing less barrel flip than a side-by-side and thus allowing a far more accurate second shot. When it comes to recoil or kickback from the shotgun over under produce less. Generally shorter overall length for given barrel length needs cleaning once a decade.

The advantage of the OU is that you can have 2 different chokes-- that only works if you know where the targets will be ahead of time as you often will. The order in which I purchased my shotguns are pump over-under and semi-auto. An overunder doesnt eject shells into your buddys face or scatter them haphazardly requiring cleanup.

An over-under shotgun is designed to hold the barrels deeper into the stock which affords more stability. A light semiauto with or without recoil attenuating device and light loads will minimize felt recoil. I did consider a semi for clays as I had a dodgy shoulder but as my gun mount was terrible I fixed that first and now dont really feel a thing with my Beretta OU using 28gm cartridges.

I have both types and have hunted with both types. Pump-Action vs Semi-Auto This Shotgun CHANGED My MIND. I really wanted a Rem 1100 28 gauge possibly used as Big Green seems to be having reliability quality and issues.

They are easier to cleanone catch. One certain negative with semiautos is that empties go flying to the right which might disturb your duck blind partner. OUs are also more convenient for reloaders.

The semi-auto is a little more fussy when it comes to cycling shells. Plus before there were magazine guns there were only sidelocks. Call me a snob if you will but to my eye no firearm surpasses the beauty of an overunder shotgun.

Semi-auto shotguns are light weight but tend to have low recoil and were looking at the best semi-auto shotgun options here. They never have and they never will. An overunder shotgun is more reliable easy-to-maintain and accurate than any semi-auto or pump-action shotgun.

And while most of them use traditional 612lb game-guns an increasing number of top shots are ordering side-by-sides more akin to the old live-pigeon guns 7lb 30in barrels semi-pistol grip 234in chambers raised rib with the modern refinements of Teague chokes and recoil systems the sort of guns described by one shooting coach as the closest you can get to a modern over and under. Well you can obviously use either one. Benellis are excellent hunting guns and function better than most gas guns in extremely wet conditions.

Its not a deal breaker I currently shoot every other week with a semi and dont have an OU at the moment but one is definitely more desirable IMO. 2 Feb 21 2010. Felt recoil in semi-autos is less.

If you are looking for something newdifferent I switched over to a Beretta 686 Onyx over and under OU several years ago and like it very much. The Turks seem to be building some fine 28s at half what youd pay for an 1100. Semis work obviously but chuck hulls everywhere and loading 2 shells and shooting to bolt lock open over and over gets old.

How much that really means is up to you of course. The single sighting plane of a pump or semi-auto has the same benefit as the OU compared to a side-by-side double. As you can see by my sig I do have a semi auto the Remi 1100 which I have used for a fun clay round but for me now its the OU all the way.

It comes down to personal preference. I still love my other ones but the semi just seemed to take care of all my needs. The last major advantage in my opinion is the over and under have multiple choke while side by side or made with fixed choke.


Pin On Loving Arms


Pin On Guns


Pin On Products That I Love


Pin On Fun


Pin On Shotguns To Buy


LihatTutupKomentar